AVIC411.com

illumination question

[quote name="mrclean055"]ok so my illumtination wire isnt hooked up, possibly becasue i dont have one readily available, im interested in buying fog lights, is there anyway to splice that line into the illumination wire on the deck to do the trick that way? any input is welcome thanks[/quote]

Sure, all you need to worry about is connecting 12v+ to the Ill light when you want the Z1 to dim.

pull the switched 12v off your fog light switch and splice it to the Ill line, done.
[quote name="mjlee"]You could get Ducati's flasher and hook it up to the illumination wire from the Z1. I thought I read somewhere that the flasher will work even if you don't have the illumination wire from the car hooked up.[/quote]

It will. He uses the vehicle dimmer wire as a pass through to the Z1 so it will dim when you turn your lights on. All flashes to the Z1 are power sourced from the power lead to his circuit. Thus, if you don't have a vehicle dimmer wire attached, his circuit will still bypass...but your Z1 won't dim when you turn your head lights on.