AVIC411.com

NAV/RADIO HARNESSES

Hi All,

I have a 2007 Hummer H2 with Factory NAV/Radio, Factory Premier Bose, and ONSTAR.

I am considering an upgrade to a Pioneer AVIC-D3, AVIC-Z2, or Alpine IVA-W205.

I have a question regarding anyone’s experience with the different INTERFACE HARNESSES on the market. I am a bit leery of messing with the Hummer’s electrical interface, as I have already tried a Nucleus/American International iPod adapter and had major electrical problems.

There seems to be four different harnesses out there designed to work with the GM Class 2 data bus, retain ONSTAR, retain factory door chimes, and RAP.

Peripheral: GMAH24, Metra GMOS-04, Schoshe DCGMOS2B11, and Nucleaus/American International NC-GM39B.

Any experience out there?

• 3 months later...

I am preparing to install my AVIC-Z1 into my 2007 Hummer H3 and like the first posting am leery about the interface cable to connect this correctly. The H3 currently has the AM/FM Stereo w/6-disc CD Player & Autotone, 7-Speaker Monsoon System w/Amplifier & Rear Woofer Speakers. Also setup with OnStar and XM Radio. I assume no Bose as it isn't listed anywhere but the Monsoon is.

I've got the AVIC-Z1, BT adapter, XM w/ NAVTraffic, Steering wheel remote, iPod adapter, Rear view camera and finally the Double Din car kit. I've installed stereos, speakers, amps, and eq's in the past so I am comfortable to do the install and with the three day Labor Day weekend, have plenty of time.

Question is when I go to PAC's website and enter my truck I get the following:

Vehicle with Bose ... OS-2BOSE

NonBose or if Bose amp is not used ... OS-2

CM1( If Required) Chime Module ... CM-1

But when I log onto Crutchfield and other suppliers they all say this won't fit onto my truck, any suggestions on what will work/fit? Thanks in advance for your help.

...: Louie Alvarez :...

Well after much discussion with Crutchfield determined that the GMOS-02 is the correct wiring harness for my truck w/ M/FM Stereo w/6-disc CD Player & Autotone, 7-Speaker Monsoon System w/Amplifier & Rear Woofer Speakers. Also setup with OnStar and XM Radio.

Turns out this harness has been replaced with GMOS-04 which has the VSS, reverse, parking brake and mute right on the harness, talk about easy installation. This was a NO-BRAINER!

I ended up purchasing on eBay the Metra AAxxess GMOS-04 GM Onstar Digital Interface w/amp for only $40 + $8 shipping. Locally here in Vegas audio installers, electronic retailers if they did carry it or could order it were from $140-$180. Go online and pick up this unit if you have any AVIC and of course an '06 or '07 Hummer H3, if you download the manual you can see all the vehicles this is applicable to.