AVIC411.com

How can I verify that I have the CNDV-60M DVD?

I bought the East disc from an ebay seller and before I give the seller feedback I want to verify that he did in fact send me the CNDV-60M dvd.

Other than the obvious 2006 year that shows on the startup screen is there any other way to verify that I have the correct dvd?

Does anyone know of some particular updated address that only exists on the latest disc? That way I can just do a destination search and see if in fact I have the latest disc. Or perhaps there is a better way to verify this?
when you put the new disc in, it suppose to do like an upgrade...
so you should see the white screen with the setup tab, similar to when you're installing a software on the computer.

But who knows, they might of sent you the 1.2 disc, and it would do the same but i doubt someone will try to sell you the 1.2 disc.

other than that. there are no other disc out there that will work.. it will say error if you have the wrong disc
[quote name="Anonymous"]when you put the new disc in, it suppose to do like an upgrade...
so you should see the white screen with the setup tab, similar to when you're installing a software on the computer.

But who knows, they might of sent you the 1.2 disc, and it would do the same but i doubt someone will try to sell you the 1.2 disc.

other than that. there are no other disc out there that will work.. it will say error if you have the wrong disc[/quote]Yes, it did go through the upgrade without any problems, but then again even the 1.2 disc would have done that.

I need a more definitive way of verifying that I got the right disc.
Guest Smackdown
so you really see no difference in the maps?? point of interest? restaurant etc...

I spoke with pioneer canada few months ago, and they told me that there are not much change in the 2006 maps from the 2005 in canada. He told me only in alberta that were major update on the maps since there are alot of new land over there.
[quote name="Smackdown"]so you really see no difference in the maps?? point of interest? restaurant etc...

I spoke with pioneer canada few months ago, and they told me that there are not much change in the 2006 maps from the 2005 in canada. He told me only in alberta that were major update on the maps since there are alot of new land over there.[/quote]Considering that I had the original discs (Version 1.0) that came with the D1 for less than a week, I had not used them much, so can't really tell if the POI's are any different etc.

I live in a new subdivision and it is at least 5 years old now. It was not on the original discs. I have not checked the new one yet to see if my neighbourhood is on it yet.
[quote name="Anonymous"]do you mind posting the user where you bought your disc on ebay.[/quote]Here you go - his user name is sbca-installer

Here are his items for sale [url=http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZsbcaQ2dinstaller]http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrp ... dinstaller[/url]
i dont have this disc yet.

but from what i heard, the 1.2 was a 2005 disc, and the 60m is a 2006 disc.

so if your screen show 2006, i believe you have the new disc.

maybe someone with the 1.2 disc can confirm this.
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="musikman1"]Check one of the screens to see if you have the old ESC key, or if it now says HIDE. This was in the 2 page manual.. HIDE is the nomenclature for the 2006 version..[/quote]Yes, I have the HIDE button now on some screens. :)