AVIC411.com

N3 NO sound from front and rear only small signals from subs

SO today I was drving around and blaring my n3. then all the sudden I hear this hum noise and all the sound goes out. The hum is still there and it's coming from my sub. there is no sound at all coming from any of my other speakers. can anyone help me? IS this something with the N3 or something with my speaker wiring? I've had my n3 for about 5 months. any help would be appreciated. THanks

Check the wire harness for the n3. Make sure none of the speaker wires are shorting against each other or to ground. Then check your speakers themselves for the same thing. If nothing is grounding out then odds are one or more of you speakers is bad.

• 4 weeks later...

You might check your mute (yellow/black) wire? It should mute all your music, but I have noticed that the lows still come from the subs and it might be mistaken for a hum. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time. I would just hate for you to send that thing in when it could be something simple.

I hope it is something simple. Good luck.