AVIC411.com

Nightime mode on the D3 installed in the VW EOS...

Hey gang...

I got the D3 installed in a VW eos and it seems that the nightime display on the map doesn't work.

thre is a menu item that selects the maps display from daytime and nightime.. that doesn't seem to work either. its eternally daytime!!

This may be related: I noticed at night that when I stop the car, put it in park, and engage the emergency brakes, that the settings menu is limited. Its not until I turn of the headlights that all of the items under settings are avaiable.. I thought the parking brake and having the car in park was enough!!!

On an unrelated issue, I notice that if my iPod suffle (newer model) falls asleep on its own, the head unit can;t wake it. I have to openthe glove compartment box, play with the menu dial to wake it and then it works....

Any suggestions? thanks!!

Hey gang...

I got the D3 installed in a VW eos and it seems that the nightime display on the map doesn't work.

thre is a menu item that selects the maps display from daytime and nightime.. that doesn't seem to work either. its eternally daytime!!

This may be related: I noticed at night that when I stop the car, put it in park, and engage the emergency brakes, that the settings menu is limited. Its not until I turn of the headlights that all of the items under settings are avaiable.. I thought the parking brake and having the car in park was enough!!!

On an unrelated issue, I notice that if my iPod suffle (newer model) falls asleep on its own, the head unit can;t wake it. I have to openthe glove compartment box, play with the menu dial to wake it and then it works....

Any suggestions? thanks!!

The first issue sounds like something is hooked up wrong. Take back to the installer and have them check it. The other issue with the ipod you discribe sounds like you have the ipod charging feature on the D3 turned OFF. If this is the case the ipod will sleep and not wake when you try and access it with the D3. You can turn the charging feature on by going into the FUNCTION menu durring ipod control. Caution thoe while the charging feature is on you may get white noise from your speakers as a lot of the rest of us have. This seems to be flaw in the design of the unit.

I don't think VW's have illumination wires. The factory stereo dim's some other way, probably through the SWC wires. When I had mine installed the installer simply didn't connect the illum wire. I had to bring it back and get them to connect it. (Don't know how they fixed it, but it was definetly a hard wire issue.)

Definetly don't want to be driving around with that BRIGHT screen in your face at night.

Good Luck!

ill wire is just a + charge when ever your lights come on.... if you wire it to your head light or parking lights that will fix the prob...

i had wired the d3 myself and was too lazy to figure out how to install the steering wheel control because it has so much programming involved... but when i took it to a loval installer they wound up messing it all up and i had to make and x tra trip there once i found out the illumination wire wasnt hooked up..... they tried to make me believe that there was some weird programming you had to do to get it to work.... funny i didnt have to do that when i installed it.... n e ways...

the ipod prob was fixed with the white noise issue it on here some where but im too lazy too find it and link it.... and i am in no way taking credit for it but the easy way to fix it is by turning the back light on the ipod to always on or turning the charge to off.... dnt wry if you turn your car off and leave the ipod backlight always on it will shut off after a while so you wont drain your battery for those of us who just leave the ipod in the car....