AVIC411.com

AM Radio static/problem (Z1)

Have my Z1 installed into my 2007 Santa Fe by a BestBuy tech last saturday, Backup camera, steering wheel adapter and bypass work great, thanks to the infos on avic411.com and Joey the install tech.

Everything works perfectly except the AM radio, poor reception and noice(not engine interference), when break is applied or released, static tick can be heard from the speakers. (FM works great).

Will install the bluetooth adapter ND-BT1 this coming weekend, and will check the AM problem. Any tips or suggestions on this AM radio problem?

Thanks in advance.

This may or may not be your problem, but I've heard that on some cars, if you don't connect the power antenna wire (even if you don't have a motorized antenna) your reception can suffer because the antenna uses an amplifier that is powererd by that wire. *gasp*

• 4 months later...

I found that my installer used a short extension for the antenna that allowed the ground of the antenna lead to touch the metal case of the Z1 which was putting all kinds of noise into the radio. I rerouted the antenna wire so it was able to reach and removed the extension and problem solved.