AVIC411.com

Dual lead antenna to Nav Traffic Unit

The dual leads are for the older XM tuners. One lead is for satellite signal, and the other lead is for terrestrial signal (ground repeaters). I see Audi is using older technology in their vehicles.

Yes I know how this works, I want to know how I can use this with my Nav Traffic unit. I'm pretty sure you can. Also the car is three years old, so i'm not sure where that "using older technology" comment is coming from.

By pluggin in the SAT lead and leaving the TERR lead unplugged, you should be receiving a signal. However you will probably have the deal with the CHECK ANTENNA messsage, and you will lose the ability to receive ground repeater signals. The "older technology" comment is basically that XM retail products havent used dual lead antennas in 4 years if not more. I believe the SkyFi 1 was the last retail to utilize duall lead antennas.

A 2-in-1 "Y" connector could theoretically work, but I have never seen it happen. You might still get the check antenna message.

By pluggin in the SAT lead and leaving the TERR lead unplugged, you should be receiving a signal. However you will probably have the deal with the CHECK ANTENNA messsage, and you will lose the ability to receive ground repeater signals. The "older technology" comment is basically that XM retail products havent used dual lead antennas in 4 years if not more. I believe the SkyFi 1 was the last retail to utilize duall lead antennas.

A 2-in-1 "Y" connector could theoretically work, but I have never seen it happen. You might still get the check antenna message.

Ok well it did not seem like it was working with only one plugged in. I will check that when I have a chance. I have seen some 2-in-1 adapters, they are just hard to source. I know of one guy who got it to work on his Audi.

As to the older tech comment, being a foreign car company they were a little late to the Satellite Radio game. Also I know of some GM cars from the same time period that use dual antennas. I believe the new Audis have switched to single lead. I also believe my car was the first year to have XM in it. Really it was just uncalled for and did not help me in any way. Thanks for your help though.

Really it was just uncalled for and did not help me in any way. Thanks for your help though.

Are you for real? You sound like my honest observation was taken personally by you. Regardless of what car maker there is, be it foreign or US, dual lead antennas are older technology. Once you realize that, life will be more happy. Enjoy your life wrapped around a vehicle you own.