AVIC411.com

D3 INSTALLATION - 2002 ACURA TL

Has anyone done their own install of a D3 in an 00-03 TL? I've been trying to find a good how to for my car but haven't had much luck. I have the dashkit (which will need to be trimmed of course since the dash kit wasnt made for double din units) and I have the harness.

I did my 2002 TLS. Not much different than installing a regular stereo but as you stated you have to make a kit or by one custom. I bought one custom made but it cost me $180 plus S/H but I am no good at making stuff like that. Tried it but it looked like crap so I went ahead and ordered one. Glad I did because it makes the dash look good. Paint on the kit does not match 100% but not bad at all. And had to do somw manuevering to get it to fit. Not 100% flush but probably something I did but I am satisfied.

Yeah I have a D3 in my 03 TL-S I went to a nearby shop but if u go on Acurazine.com they have a guy i believe his name is "UnCald4" who has made alot of dash kits for our cars.....its also a really good site for other odds and ends for our cars