AVIC411.com

05 350z BOSE Z1 install

Hey all, I have a Z1 currently installed with the tv adapter and bluetooth in my WRX and it is awesome! However, i just picked up an 05 z this weekend with the BOSE system. I was just wondering if it is difficult to install into it, and what, if anything, needs to be done for it to work. Thanks a lot!

most ot the DVDs i watch is at max or somewhere at around 35. max volume is 42, i think. Theres good volume output at max. I have to adjust the DVD sorce volume compensation at max too. Normal music listening is at 15-20. My brother's G35 also has the z1 and bose. its the same sound as my 350z.

I was doing some research and i think I either have to buy a PAC AOEM wiring conector w/ output adjustments or a new amp that is capable of 2amp Bose speakers. I currently have the Metra kit RCA setup.

If you wire it with the bose amps in it and don't put an adaptor, it is plenty loud. I can't get it past 14 at most. I would take that metra RCA adaptor out and wire it direct to the harness. I have done it on my Infiniti G35 and Z both with Bloze systems in them.

hows it going there buddy. once you get your unit installed let me know how you grounded the wires cause for some reason my park lights dont work no more after the bypass. I gotta take it back to the guy I paid to have it bypassed. post some pictures of your car as well. thanks.

I wired my Z1 straight to the High outputs, It worked! But unfortionatly it was way too loud. I went to 3 and it was blastin' at max sound and there was also a hissing sound everytime it beeped. So i installed an inline adjuster into the speaker wires and now its fine. I use it at volume 8-10 and DVD is loud.

I grounded my bypass and the unit to the side radio bracket and ran a bigger wire to the frame of the car.

t0m4t0, Your car's parking lights don't work or your radio?

DSC05767b.jpg

DSC05768b.jpg

DSC05771b.jpg

DSC05764b.jpg

Dang, the guy must of blew one of your fuses. The fuse locations are in the drivers kick panel, engine compartment, and there is a hidden location in the passenger side wiper crawl.

most likey, the one that is blown is in the wiper crawl area. Everything is hooked up there. Its a big smart distribution block to prevent accidental battery drainage. There are so many hidden fuses there i couldn't believe it.

The pics should show now.