AVIC411.com

2002 F-150 (99-03)

I installed the D-3 in my F-150 this weekend. Overall it wasn't too hard, but did require some modifications.

The factory radio face is double-DIN, but the opening is smaller than DD. I had to use a circular saw to cut the right dimension and a Saws-All to cut the plastic behind the radio. After that, I bought a after market kit for double din install for a 2004 Ford Expedition. Installed the radio in that kit. The face of the kit will ->SqueezE<- just enough to slip into the Ford Fascia opening when putting the dash back together.

I was able to place the Bluetooth module behind and above the radio and placed the XM Navtraffic module in the pocket to the right of the Glove Box. The Ipod adapter sits in the glove box as well. This way everything fits well and is out of sight. I routed the two receiver to the roof. One on each side and under the foot trim of the front doors and use the clips to keep them out of the way of the rear doors.

Everything works well, except I cannot figure out how to get my contacts into the radio, my phone do not support this.

Install Pictures.zip

post-8946-12872752540845_thumb.jpg

I got the Kit from Circuit City, and for my truck it did not bolt in. It helped for the install to keep the radio from moving but the fascia held it in to the framework behind.

There are holes for the kit to bolt with but it was for the ford expedition not for the F-150.

Hope this helps.

I got the Kit from Circuit City, and for my truck it did not bolt in. It helped for the install to keep the radio from moving but the fascia held it in to the framework behind.

There are holes for the kit to bolt with but it was for the ford expedition not for the F-150.

Hope this helps.

Do you know what kit it was? # wise?