AVIC411.com

Newly installed AVIC-D3 - Ipod not working

I'm new here and wanted to say that this is simply one awesome site.

Anyway, I just had the AVIC-D3 installed in my '07 4Runner with the Sirius and Ipod cable. My whole basis of buying this unit was so that I could keep the Ipod in my glove box and have access to all my music whenever I wanted.

Well I plugged in the Ipod (30GB video newest generation) to the cable and the AVIC screen comes up with the Ipod interface BUT there isn't any music available on the screen. It's like I'm plugging in an empty Ipod. I talked to the installer and he told me to try and update the Ipod with latest firmware (which I did) and it still didn't work.

Any of you geniuses out there have any ideas of what can be done (other than bringing it back to the installer)?

Thanks

check to make sure your smart installer pugged in your ipod to the right socket... the ipod wire goes directly from the back of the unit to the ipod no separate box required ... if he plugged it into the sirius then into you d3 it wont work.... and if he is just using the box verison where the wire to your ipod is white instead of black that might be the issue too

Does the iPod show Pioneer when it's plugged in?

What file format are your audio files?

Try a video and see what happens.

He said no it doesnt show pioneer. its like its not plugged in at all.

File format wouldnt matter, its an ipod. everything gets converted.

sounds like a bad cable/unit

I'm having the installer take a look at it again to try and diagnose the problem.

I was thinking that there was a chance that it was the file format on the Ipod (because I've never used Itunes, just converted my CD's and downloaded other songs from other sites). Regardless, it's a pain in the a** because the Ipod attachment and interface was the sole reason why I bought the AVIC-D3.

Anyway, if anyone else has an idea, feel free to let me know. I'll also post what the installer finds out.

Thanks

In your last statement you said you have never used iTunes. That is why it is not working. If you have never used iTunes and just drag and drop ripped songs onto your iPod like a hard drive rather than using iTunes to sync them, then you iPod will always appear blank unless you access it from a computer.

Just use iTunes to sync you music like normal and you should be fine. Technically, the Pioneer logo should have shown up I imagine even without any songs, but it may require at least one song for it to show up.

The problom he's having isnt the format. Itunes will not even transfer a file to the ipod if the ipod dosnt support the file format. It will also not give you any error message indicating that it did nothing as far as transfering the file. This is a problom for people that download a lot of there music.