AVIC411.com

D3 installed in my Touareg...w/ Photos!

Just had a new Pioneer AVIC-D3 installed in my Black 06 Touareg.

Here is the first:

Touareg1.jpg

And the second:

Touareg2.jpg

Pioneer AVIC-D3 with iPod Connector, Bluetooth Phone adapter, and PAC-SWIPS steering wheel control interface. All installed using the Metra dash kit. Also, had my installer do the video bypass so video and programmability is available on the fly.

So far, I LOVE IT. GPS works great, navigated through Chicago the other night without a problem. As you can see I uploaded some kewl VW graphics I found on avic411.com and really looks factory fit.

Bluetooth sounds great, better then my old Motorola headset. No one can tell I'm not on the headset, and very very little background noise. iPod controls are good and sound quality is great.

My biggest concern was sound quality. I had the base speaker system, which I thinks sounds pretty damned good. I was truly impressed how good the Pioneer sounds on the stock speakers.

Installer put the GPS antenna under the dash compartment, similar to factory placement. I get great satelite signal without having the antenna in plain site!

Special thanks to Rich in Wheaton, IL for helping me VAG out the seatbelt chimes. Was so freakin easy, followed the directions on clubtouareg.com and worked like a charm.

Hope this encourages other to take the plunge. I am so glad I did.