AVIC411.com

Installing a Double Din D3 in a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee....

I want to install a D3 in a 2005 Jeep Cherokee and I can't find anything online about getting a double din in there. When I go to Crutchfield it only shows me single din stuff. So my question to the installer types out there... Is there any way I can fit a double din into this car without having to saw the dash? I will attach a pic of the radio area so you can see the type of radio it has now. Thanks.

post-1994-12872752568135_thumb.jpg

from the looks of it already, the knobs that cast off of the left and right sides are going to be a problem. Also the size of the din in your car looks short but wide. So it looks like you might have to get an entirely new dash pannel to install it, or if you are comfortable cutting it, you might be able to cut it to the 2DIN size yourself(not reccommended). Good luck! :D

its not a problem. you order the factory navi bezel from the dealership. we do it all the time

OK, then I would need a dash kit for the D3 correct? Also what is this 95-6511 that cntrylvr79 is talking about? The NAV bezel is a bit expensive so if there is another option I would consider it.

most new dodge/jeep/chryslers have the option for nav from the factory that uses a completely different dash bezel. order the mopar nav bezel (about $80) straight from jeep and use a metra 99-6510 to allow the double-din to fit. the new bezel will require you to remove and reinstall the heater controls and hazard switch and remove a pocket. i put a d3 in a charger today and it looked sweet.

the 99-6511/95-6511 that someone else was refering to is for the 07 wranglers and is not the same