AVIC411.com

D3 Sound problem on new install

Hi, I just installed a D3 in my 01 mustang. I also just put in new speakers. The front speakers are running off an amp and the rear speakers are running off the deck. Everything was working fine for a couple of hours then the rear speakers cut out. The front speakers still work fine. I checked the resistance at the wires going to the head unit and they are normal for the speakers (3.3 ohms or so). Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem could be? I have done the bypass but it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for your help

I just checked the connections at the harness, they are reading the correct resistance. Checked the ground at the harness to a seperate part of metal on the car and it seems good. Also checked the speakers with a battery and they seem to be good.

There isnt any engine noise through them. The rear speakers do make a slight pop when the unit turns on.

I am starting to wonder if I just got a defective amp in the deck? Is that possible?

Alright I tried unhooking the rear speakers one at a time. The right rear works when the left rear is unhooked, but the left rear doesnt work when the right rear is unhooked. Neither works when they are both hooked up.

Also it is just the left rear that makes a small pop when the unit is turned on. Does anyone have an idea as to what this typically means?

dnt quote me on this but i think the d3 has a 4ohm resistance... maybe thats the prob.... when i originally had my d2 hooked up to my stock speakers which are 2 ohm it worked but it was likely to blow the head unit.... really weird problem your having let it sit on the forum for a little.... these guys are usually good with fixing this type of stuff.... one other thing.... try switch your front and rear connections if possible.... have the rear on the amp and the front on the harness.... to check if it is a speaker prob....