AVIC411.com

need help. All this info is making my head spin!!!

Hi All-

I'm not quite a techy person and all this termonology and technology is hard for me to understand. I'm hoping somebody can help me narrow down which unit would be appropriate for me.

I have a new Volkswagen EOS with a 6 disc changer and sirius satellite radio.

Ideally, I would like a unit that has sirius, navigation, dvd player, ipod, and a back up cam.

I was looking at the z2. Would this be okay? Do I need to purchase these items before taking it for installation? Or will the stores have these items available in house?

Also, do i need to get another head unit/dash kit to allow for the size of the screen since my sirius dash is smaller?

Thanks in advance!

another question:

If I have the z2 installed, will this get rid of the 6 disc changer? Or could that still be left in?

Thanks!

yes but if you are getting the Z2 then you will no longer need the 6 disc because you can load your music onto the Z2.

If you have the money for Everything then shop around for the best deal including install and let them do it.

Where are you located.

K

From what I understand, you should be able to use most 6 CD Changers with the Avic Z2.

Also, if you're interested in DVD/Nav functioning while in motion (i.e. on road trips) then you may be better off going with a Z1 if you can find one, because it is bypassable, and unless I'm not up to date with these forums, the Z2 is still unbypassable.