AVIC411.com

Porche Cayane help

I am looking for some help. I have a friend with a Porche Cayane that wants to buy my N1 setup. I looked at the radio and it is about 2 inches LONGER than a standard DIN setup. Also, I can't find anywhere to find the VSS wire for ANY porche, can someone also provide this info? And yes, I want to hook up the speed sensor.

I also started thinking that I remember back in the day when there were security codes for radios and aftermarket radios would not work. Is this a problem still today?

Any Porche guys that know a bit about these cars, please PM me with your phone number, or I'll give you mine and you can call me. Anyway, I said I would do some research, so here I go.

Thanks...
Matt
according to mitchells on demand
the motor control unit in the engine compartment. Pin 82 which is a gray wire is one of the 2 wires. And pin 90 which is a blue wire is the other one. It doesnt state which one is the signal or return. try one if that doesnt work try the other one. If it has the resistor cap at the end of the vss wire (from the avic#) leave it on there