AVIC411.com

Can Ford Factory Sirius Antenna Be used With XM tuner

Hey Guys,

Just bought the 920 XM tuner for my d3. I have an 06 F150 with the Factory Sirius System. I want to use the Factory Antenna with XM module as I prefer XM. Activated service and am only getting certain channels. Can this be because of the antenna, or is the whole system not just completely activated. Thanks in advance

Greg

I think im actually OK. I havent checked every channel, but the ones im familiar with are there. I refreshed the receiver through the xm website and everything seems to be fine. It says something about if channels 4, 11, and 41 work its good and sure enough they work. When I have the chance i will check every channel off of the channel guide list.

Thanks!!

Shouldnt have any problems at all receiving the satellite signal mixing and matching the antennas. But say you were in Midtown Manhattan with all the skyscrapers, thats when you wouldnt be able to receive much of a signal from the sats, and you cant receive terrestrial repeater signals with a SIRI antenna

When I got my F150 in March it had the factory Sirius. When I installed the Z1 and XM Navtraffic I just took the plastic piece off the end of the stock antenna line and it hooked right up to the xm tuner. Never had any reception problem.

• 6 months later...
Shouldnt have any problems at all receiving the satellite signal mixing and matching the antennas. But say you were in Midtown Manhattan with all the skyscrapers, thats when you wouldnt be able to receive much of a signal from the sats, and you cant receive terrestrial repeater signals with a SIRI antenna

sirius has terr repeaters as well that are received through their antennas.

why wouldnt it pick up the xm terrestial just the same?