AVIC411.com

I know I'm gonna get beaten up a little over the title BUT I unloaded my D2 to a local guy (and upgraded the wife's car to a D3) ANYWAYS, here's a problem

The guy that bought the D2 off me couldn;t get his newly acquired SIR-PNR2 to work on the D2... so, we ripped his PNR2 out of his car and plugged it into my known working setup (Z1)... lo and behold, it cranked up without any problems!

OK, where's the problem in his car?

Power was available at the PNR2, everything looked good!

Turned out (after about 2 hours of dicking around with this thing, turning off, turning on, checking fuses and voltages) I noticed that the power plug that was supplied with his PNR2 had the wires in holes that were different to my working PNR1... WTF... Power and Gnd in the wrong holes...

After 10 minutes of fighting the power plug to move the Power and Gnd to be in the same holes as my PNR1, his system finally started recognising the PNR2

BEWARE power plugs, they are not all made equal!

Because the tuners are cheap pieces of crap made by a third party company.

What does them making different power connectors have to do with Circuit City's open box sales? It's not their fault the manufacturer had different design styles. I had some great, and i mean GREAT deals on open box stuff there.

The issue was more to do with the fact that the power connector they gave him was wired incorrectly, it was pure luck that I noticed pins in the wrong holes..... AFTER I corrected the wiring at the power plug itself did the pnr2 actually start working as advertised

Under the supplied configuration, there is NO WAY this Sirius interface would ever work.

I'm the same as you regarding "open box"... been there, done that and got some incredible deals as well....

This one on the other hand took way too much time to diagnose AND the fault lies squarely at Circuit City's feet.