AVIC411.com

Hi all, I have a 2007 Ford F-150 standard cab, no subwoofer, and I just installed a new AVIC-D3. Everything is working great, except I am not sure I have the correct Wire for the Reverse Signal. I am installing a Pioneer Backup Camera tonight.

I read a couple of posts which indicated the Reverse Signal is Black with a Pink stripe. I found a wire inside the drivers sill, which is black, but I cant tell if the stripe is Pink or Purple. I hooked up the AVIC Reverse sensor wire to it, but when I try and test it, the backup camera does not respond. I can make the camera work by enabling it in the Menu.

My question is; is the Reverse Wire a single (non-twisted) or is it twisted with another wire, and is it Black with a Pink Stripe? I also tried to check the Reverse Light wiring, but I cannot get the Brake Light assembly off of the truck.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thank you for the tips, I figured out what I was doing wrong. The Wiring Harness which runs along the Drivers door "T's" off a section which is routed under the cab and to the rear of the truck. The Black wire with the Pink stripe is actually ahead of the "T" on the engine side of the cab. I was looking for it past the "T" near the drivers seat. It works perfectly now.

Thanks again,