AVIC411.com

DVD/CD wont play in certain Temps?

Its like 85 degs here in NY. Took the car out for a drive and its raining. So I pop in the same MP3 cd i have been using in the Z1 unit since I got it with no prob, all of a sudden it give some kinda of message that because of the temperature, it cant play the cd. WTF, its not even hot enough, im not sweating much, why is the unit on a heat stroke? But all else is working fine except the cd player. What is the temp that this thing can play on? This is the first time it happend.
I wonder if the main unit is over heating. I know it will shut down any of the features that rely on the hard drive if it gets too cold but this may be the OS saying the CPU is too hot.

Regardless of how hot or cool you are it's much hotter for the electronics. They are crammed into places that get no ventilation and are expected to work so maybe if you can add a simple fan.

I use 12V fans available at just about any computer/electronics store (Radio Shack, not Best Buy). I buy mine from an electronics surplus store (Sky Craft) for about $3 a piece for the small ones and less than $20 for ones that will move some serious air. That might be an option if you are overheating.
I live in Arizona so I contacted Pioneer before purchasing the Z1 to see what the operating temperature range was. I don't remember the minimum but the max was 122 degrees F. My car was hot as hell the other day and played and burned a CD to the HDD no problem. I can't imagine your car was over 122 but fans would probably be a good idea if it's cramped in the dash.
Its just weird, even today its like 75 deg and tons of rain here in NYC and still if I pop in any CD or DVD, it just says "Checking Disc" and remains that way. I have no idea whats wrong and I know it cant be the temp at all since I just started the car for the first time today and its cool outside as well as inside. I have a 2005 Nissan Altima.