AVIC411.com

I just contacted Pioneer about the glitches in the AVIC D3

Alright peeps, hear me out.

I recently got an Avic D3. I hear people around this board saying that it's an affordable nav, live with the glitches, etc... NO. F that. I won't "live" with the glitches. If they spend that much time making this NAV feature packed with Divx, DVD, Ipod, etc.. it's honestly EMBARRASSING to Pioneer to overlook some stupid glitches like:

1) Ipod MENU button that works for like 10 min then is useless

2) The MUTE button that takes 5 sec. to kick in

3) The nonexistent Ipod song search feature, or a fast scrolling capability without waiting 5 minutes to get to the letter "M", an then the NAV kicks in and tells you to make a turn, so you have to repeat the process all over again.

4) The volume level is the same for all sources, just stupid...

ETC.

5) No RDS. WTF? Even the instruction manual shows it has RDS, but the real thing doesn't. They couldn't just add it?

This is all software stuff, not hardware. So Pioneer can definitely release a software update. Now when I called and spoke to Pioneer, the guy said it's the first time he's heard of these problems. That's bullsh!t.

What I'm suggesting is, we use the power of numbers, which has worked in the past for other products. Call up Pioneer tech support, and bitch at them constantly about these little issues that need like 2 sec. of coding to fix, each. Just keep calling them, and mention these issues, and say that you won't buy Pioneer again blah blah blah. Be creative.

If they get enough calls, Pioneer in Japan WILL hear about this, and will make an effort to fix it. They have to. This is an important industry to them. Plus, theyre SOOOOO EASY TO FIX. I wish I had the source code.

BTW, hasn't anyone reverse engineering one of these things yet?

So cmon guys. This is our our only shot to make this NAV the best nav ever. If we all call and complain, which is only a simple free phone call, we can get them to fix it.

LAtez