AVIC411.com

Horse trailer camera + back up camera????

I just ordered a Z2. I want to be able to view what is going on inside our horse trailer while driving. I also want to have a reverse back up camera for when I am not hauling the trailer. I just spoke with Kammi at Pioneer support and he said that it was something that they can not discuss. I wanted to be able to touch a button on the screen while driving and view inside the trailer. How do I do it? I thought that the additional video input would let me do that but he said that once the vehicle is moving it won't allow the ability to view inside the trailer. Help.

I built a circuit to do this for a customer of mine. Using some relays and a weather proof plug the circuit could tell when the trailer was hooked up. In their case I had the camera on the rear of the trailer, but you could place the camera in the trailer. If you have a fax # I could send over a copy of the circuit and where you can find parts.

I did this exact same thing for a customer of mine also. He had a D2 and I used a couple of relays and a latching switch to make a video switcher so that he could chose which camera he was viewing through his camera input. I used a weather proof trailer harness and plug box to connect the wire for the trailer to so when he pulled the horses he could just pull out the wires and plug them in. It's a petty simple process if you have any expeience with video signals.

When using my design, yes, you would use the map rearview mode.

But, in my case, the circuit could sense when the trailer was pluged in. By wiring it that way the customer only had to plug in the trailer once it was hitched. The circuit would then switch the signal from the camera mounted on the rear of the truck to the camera mount on or in the trailer.

This would require no extra wiring of the AVIC.

I built a circuit to do this for a customer of mine. Using some relays and a weather proof plug the circuit could tell when the trailer was hooked up. In their case I had the camera on the rear of the trailer, but you could place the camera in the trailer. If you have a fax # I could send over a copy of the circuit and where you can find parts.

I thought about something like that, but was concerned that running a video signal through a relay would cause mucho interference. Your signal quality didn't degrade?

• 6 months later...