AVIC411.com

I can't change tracks, unless the screen is open. N2

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I've had my avic-n2 for around a year now.. And it just started yesterday. It wasn't letting me change the Source the other day, and then it all of a sudden started working. But last night, I got in the car and it won't allow me to go left and right on the joystick to change tracks, unless the screen is open. It will let me go up and down just fine though. I did a search and I couldn't find this exact problem, but I did come by this and I was wondering if it might fix my problem.

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/par ... um=CXC4642

Earlier this week I installed a amp and a sub too, had to plug in the little harness into the back of the unit for the RCA's.

Any and all help would be great. I don't want to have to buy a new navi. :(

i was having a problem the other day where i couldnt change volume or anything via the front panel or remote. i popped off the face plate and put it back on and everything worked fine. i think i had a loose connection, but i dunno if thats ur case or not. hope it helps.

ps-mine is an n1.

Well... I went out there today, and opened the screen to get the stick to work. Screen was black. After about 10 mins of me making the screen go in and out it finally come on, I just set it to keep the screen out all the time.

I read a little about that problem, is it the ribbon cable? I just had my system installed, could it be related to something they may have done? I remember I walked out and looked at my car a couple times and they had the unit sitting on their knee with the screen up pressing buttons. It's just funny how this all happens as soon as I get my system installed.