AVIC411.com

Avic-Z1 in a '03 Mercedes Benz C230

Just got my Z1 installed yesterday, 2 wire Bypass. Got the adapter for the steering wheel controls, works great, seamless integration.

Found a referb Z1 on eBay, scored it for $900, looks brand new! Factory repacked with new wires, books, box, etc.

Is there a way to change the color of the LED's across the bottom? I know some of the other Avic models had this feature but I didnt find it for the Z1.

Also, boot time is pretty slow, so it the response time for a lot of the audio functions. Map's are a bit dated too (a few years in my area), hope they come out with an update for that soon.

Once I get some I will post some pics of the install.

Now to find some Benz backgrounds to install on the system.

Found a referb Z1 on eBay, scored it for $900, looks brand new! Factory repacked with new wires, books, box, etc.

Outstanding!

Is there a way to change the color of the LED's across the bottom?

I don't believe you can do that. At least I haven't seen anything in the manual that says you can.

Also, boot time is pretty slow, so it the response time for a lot of the audio functions.

Well, the Z's are, in effect, just computers with hard drives. As the hard drive gets fragmented, the system slows down. Chances are that your refurb's drive was already fragmented. The only way to defragment, that I know of, is to remove the drive, unlock it, and then defrag it using your PC software (Microsoft Degragmenter or whichever).

Map's are a bit dated too (a few years in my area), hope they come out with an update for that soon.

There is, supposedly, an update coming in August. However, it's likely that once you use it, your bypass will no longer work (it will turn your Z1 into a Z2, essentially).

Now to find some Benz backgrounds to install on the system.

Have you checked the backgrounds section?