AVIC411.com

ipod quality question

hey guys. just got my D3 and i have an ipod interface.

the problem i have is whenever i switch to the ipod i get this slight hiss sound from the speakers. ive heard from alot of people that the ipod interface has good quality sound. is it just me or does it happen to everyone elses to?

thanks!

Yes, it does seem to be a common problem, some people say that they dont have the problem but I think they just are not able to hear it, go here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6657

for a possible solution. At leased one of the two ive outlined there should work. Also, I have found a third solution that I will be adding soon. Turn your SLA (source level adjuster) on the ipod source all the way down to -4. Its under the SOUND menu. This has cut it to almost unnoticeable levels for me.

The only issue I ever had with my setup of iPod 80gb + D3, was when I rock the music loud, the volume starts fading in/out badly. Like it was overloaded. It may be the combination of extra bass in the iPod eq settings? I dunno but it's frustrating, because the factory radio + CD can rock at MAX volume but my iPod + D3 can't...

The only issue I ever had with my setup of iPod 80gb + D3, was when I rock the music loud, the volume starts fading in/out badly. Like it was overloaded. It may be the combination of extra bass in the iPod eq settings? I dunno but it's frustrating, because the factory radio + CD can rock at MAX volume but my iPod + D3 can't...

That's because most factory radios limit the bass output at higher volumes to prevent distortion and possible damage to the speakers. The avic and most aftermarket radios do not.