AVIC411.com

D1 Problems

Do a search I have posted before about the fix. There is no need to send it to Pioneer until you have done the self help check.

There is a mode that locks out the screen to protect the installed disc. A few presses of some buttons ain the correct order will unlock the screen.

That's incorrect :wink: There are at least two confirmed cases that after "unlocking" the unit the display face worked again.

Maybe we are talking about two different things but the post I made fixed mine and another guys D1

My D1 face would not open..pressed the buttons "unlocked" it and it worked.

Cheers

No you will not get a new unit, as they will say you hooked it up wrong and caused the issue and it's an old device (2 levels old)

I am quite sure this time they will tell you it will cost $250 minimum to fix the problem with the trans-diode relay chip. If you want us to fix it you must pay us in advance. Most people will run way with the chance of $250+ to fix a AVIC D1..

Are they charging you $70 per visit now? I had my D1 looked at for $70 in the Ohio facility, came back working fine.

Cheers and best of luck

They are to only charge you $70'ish if they only looked at the unit. If they worked on it then they charge you $200 +.

If they didn't fix it then they SHOULD take it back and fix it again for free (well just shipping charges).

I found that the OH office was nicer to deal with the CA.

Cheers

They are to only charge you $70'ish if they only looked at the unit. If they worked on it then they charge you $200 +.

If they didn't fix it then they SHOULD take it back and fix it again for free (well just shipping charges).

I found that the OH office was nicer to deal with the CA.

Cheers