AVIC411.com

Bluetooth question ND-BT1 vs CD-BTB200

I just had the audio shop I deal with install the Bluetooth module for my Z1. I remember from the website that the ND-BT1 was supposed to be the module that worked with the Z1 but they installed the CD-BTB200 instead. I didn't think much of it at the time assuming it was just a newer version or something like that.

However, once I got on the open road and decided to test it out, it told me there was no phone connected! Checking the system, I see the BTB200 is listed as an external device but the Z1 doesn't recogonise it as being a telephone connected to the Navigation. I really wanted to use the features of the phone in conjuction with the Z1. (I.e. hitting the voice command button and saying 'call' instead of picking up my phone and dialling a number.)

I also notice the flash bypass still works so after reading some posts here I can assume they didn't install any updates when they connected the BTB200. If I install the BT fix update, will that allow the Z1 to recognize the BTB200 as a phone, or do I have to return it for the ND-BT1?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UNbelievable. The BTB200 is clearly a superior product than the ND-BT1. I am having the ND-BT1 yanked out of my Z2 because of the ghetto technololgy. The echo feedback complaints from people on the other end is relentless, unless I place the mic in front of my face and I don't turn my head or something.

Why would they not allow the BTB200 to be used on the Z1/Z2?

I really like the Moto IHF1000 but didn't want to lose the integration with the rest of the Z2. The quality of the Moto is the best I've ever experienced. Unless a hack is made to allow the BTB200 for the Z2, out it goes this week.