AVIC411.com

First time on forum. For the experts out there.

I have a 2003 Dodge DAkota. Just installed a AVIC N1 with N3 software. I haven't hooked up the VSS wire or the reverse lead yet. Is the VSS on a dakota a white/orange stripe located on pin 27 of PCM (middle connector)?

How do I test this lead before hookup to make sure. (I heard that using a volt meter with dial on AC voltage, and looking at meter display while driving vehicle ??)..

Also, do I need to hook up reverse lead if not hooking up a rear view camera............Thankssss :?8)

First time on forum. For the experts out there.

I have a 2003 Dodge DAkota. Just installed a AVIC N1 with N3 software. I haven't hooked up the VSS wire or the reverse lead yet. Is the VSS on a dakota a white/orange stripe located on pin 27 of PCM (middle connector)?

How do I test this lead before hookup to make sure. (I heard that using a volt meter with dial on AC voltage, and looking at meter display while driving vehicle ??)..

Also, do I need to hook up reverse lead if not hooking up a rear view camera............Thankssss :?8)

Speed Sense white/orange or blue conn. 2, pin 27 @ PCM

Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is on the passenger fender.

That's what I have listed for vss. As for testing yeah that sounds about right. No you don't have to hook the reverse up if you're not doing a camera.