AVIC411.com

DVD-R Dual Layer - searched and no results on D3

Hi guys,

Sorry if i repeated a previous post. I just bought a spindle of DVD-R DL to backup my navi discs and burn divx and mp3s on to, however i dont have my D3 yet.

Does anybody know if the DVD-R will work? or should i return it for DVD+R DL discs.

A store did a little research and found that DVD-R was actually invented by PIONEER!!!

Any advice would be great..

yea i copied my nav disc to a dvd+r DL verbatim and it worked perfect. i backed up my dvds on dvd-r's and they all work perfect too. (not DL)

He used a DL for the NAV discs. He used a single layer to back up his DVD movies.

Unless you want to pick apart the disc image and remove POIs you need to use a Dual Layer disc.

Sorry guys,

What i meant was, I know that everybody has been using DVD+R dual layers. I just wanted to know if i should return the spindle of DVD-R dual layer DVD's i bought to get DVD+R's.

Weird thing is that on the pioneer site, it says DVD-R's. I want to back up the navigation discs on DVD-R dual layer, and put my MP3's on dual layer as well as divx.

Sorry guys,

What i meant was, I know that everybody has been using DVD+R dual layers. I just wanted to know if i should return the spindle of DVD-R dual layer DVD's i bought to get DVD+R's.

Weird thing is that on the pioneer site, it says DVD-R's. I want to back up the navigation discs on DVD-R dual layer, and put my MP3's on dual layer as well as divx.

Ok, shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry guys,

Ok, shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks VBLUE.