AVIC411.com

TR-7 AND HEADLIGHTS

With reguards to needing a second TR-7 is this only for people that have automatic headlights and not people with daytime running lights? Just want to clarify this. I have DT running lights that come on all the time they are not triggered buy darkness.

Thanks,
svarvel1
[quote name="SVARVEL1"]With reguards to needing a second TR-7 is this only for people that have automatic headlights and not people with daytime running lights? Just want to clarify this. I have DT running lights that come on all the time they are not triggered buy darkness.

Thanks,
svarvel1[/quote]

Well it depends on your illumination wire in your car. I don't have daytime running lights so I can't say for sure.

The second TR7 was incase your headlights might turn on within 10 seconds after you start your car. If you have automatic headlights and they are in automatic mode, that will do it. Or if you have regular headlights and it's dark out and you start your car and don't wait for 10 seconds (till the Z1 boots up) before turning on your headlights. If you can remember to wait when you start your car before turning on the headlights you only need the 1 TR7.

Depending on how your ILL wire reacts to the headlights of your particular car, I don't know.

This is why I made my circuit, so you don't need 2 TR7's.
  • 2 weeks later...
Its mainly when your parking lights come on. Daytime running lights don't activate your parking lights, but autoheadlights do, and generally your illum wire is activated by your parking lights.

If you are going to setup a bypass, get Ducatiboy's. If you already have a TR7 and no autolights then use that.