AVIC411.com

VSS / Check Engine Light / Sensor Initializing

After connecting the VSS wire to the purple/red wire on the instrument cluster of my 2001 Nissan Sentra, the Status of the sensor stays at initializing. After driving for about 10 minutes my Check Engine light came on. Went home, hooked up my ODBII reader, and the error code indicated Speed Sensor Malfunction. Removed the Splice that came with the Avic-N3 to verify that wire was not severed. Wire is intact. I then kept VSS Wire for nav disconnected, taped up Car's VSS wire, Reset Check Engine light and verified light did not come back on after 20 minutes of driving. Also staus of sensor now shows Simple Hybrid.

What would cause the speed sensor to malfunction when VSS Wire to nav is connected? Why do I only get "Initializing Sensor" for the status when connected?? Any ideas? I'd like to get this thing into full 3d hybrid mode. Thanks.

PS don't know if this makes a difference, but I do not have reverse signal wire connected. I was told I only needed that if I was hooking up a reverse camera.

try disconnecting the terminals from the battery (pos and neg) and reconnect it after. the light should go away. you don't have to worry about the reverse signal wire, it won't affect anything with the vss. your vss wire should be red/yellow. good luck!