AVIC411.com

E-mailed pioneer about avic z1 update.

This is what I said:
Inquiry:Hello I was wondering is there going to a be a update coming
out for the avic z1 soon? Looking at [url=http://www.avic411.com]www.avic411.com[/url] in the
troubeshooting sections, I see a lot of people having troubles with the routing issues, and I'm buying the avic z1 soley for navigation and I don't
want to get lost or routing to inefficient. Thanks and God Bless

This is pioneers response: The AVICZ1 has the latest version map, we have no plans for an update at this time.

So I guess it's up to teleatlas to update the maps and then the avic z1 will update? Also does anyone who own the avic s1 with the navteq maps care to let us know if the routing maps work good and etc? I plan on getting the avic z1 later, God Willing. Thanks and God Bless
The routing works great for me. I've only had the unit for a few days though.

To see how good it is I've been setting destinations every where I go and then doing stuff like taking different routes to see how well it deals with re-routing and it's been doing a great job. The only time it's been off was when I drove right next to a major road it told me to take (but didn't). Once the major road veard off it figured out what road I was really on and rerouted me using the side street so it actually did a great job again.
[quote name="Cirbirus"]The routing works great for me. I've only had the unit for a few days though.

To see how good it is I've been setting destinations every where I go and then doing stuff like taking different routes to see how well it deals with re-routing and it's been doing a great job. The only time it's been off was when I drove right next to a major road it told me to take (but didn't). Once the major road veard off it figured out what road I was really on and rerouted me using the side street so it actually did a great job again.[/quote]

Oh thats great. Maybe it's just certain units? But I'd like to see them change to navteq.
I've had mine for about 1.5 months, and I've had no problems at all with mine. The rerouting is very fast, when I chose to take a route other than the one selected. It will tell me to u-turn about 20 times, but it eventually figures out that I'm not going to, and concedes. I'm really happy with the Nav portion of the unit, and especially the split-screen 3D/2D. It really helps in a busy intersection.
[quote name="ImolaVirus"]I've had mine for about 1.5 months, and I've had no problems at all with mine. The rerouting is very fast, when I chose to take a route other than the one selected. It will tell me to u-turn about 20 times, but it eventually figures out that I'm not going to, and concedes. I'm really happy with the Nav portion of the unit, and especially the split-screen 3D/2D. It really helps in a busy intersection.[/quote]

Oh yeah I see your in jacksonville, good to see it works good in FLorida. I'm in Tallahassee, have you tried it in any other places in FL?