AVIC411.com

Help please, my D3 audio will cut off and on at times

Really strange deal. I have my D3 in an 05 Hummer H2. The D3 sound source will turn off, give the audible beep, and display "off" in the lower left corner of the display. Then a few minutes later I hear the audible beep for on, and the source will turn back on. This happens when I am playing the changer and/or the ipod. Which ever source I am listening to will come back on exactly where it left off, but may take a few minutes to do so. If I have the map displayed it will continue to work, but the sound source just turns off. I thought the unit might just be deffective, so I had it replaced, and it still does the same thing! This problem will occur when driving, and when sitting still, so I don't think there is a short anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Did you use a data interface for the truck? If so I'd look at that being the culprit.

Sorry for the ignorance, but is that a steering wheel radio contoller? If so, I do have one of those on the truck, do not know the brand though. Good idea though, that is about the only part left!

if u have the steering wheel interface for pioneer the peswips then i think that u need to reprogram it. you must have a button on the steering wheel programed to source and the swips is thinking its recieving the signal...

so pull it and reprogram it and try again!! ive had this prob when i didnt have the unit programmed to the right mode