AVIC411.com

Watching videos from a video ipod

I just bought a new AVIC-Z1 and I am going to have it installed. I bought the Ipod interface adapter CD-IB100II and I plan to have it installed in the glove box of my BMW 328I. I was also thinking it might be a good idea to run the auxilary input cables into the glovebox. If I then buy and connect up the Applie Ipod AV cable http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W ... m=M9765G/B (or equivalent) I would be able to watch Ipod video on my AVIC-Z1.

I understand that I would have to control the video from the Ipod itself. I would still leave the CD-IB100II connected so that the Ipod is always charging and I can control/listen to music from the AVIC-Z1.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Patrick

I have read (do a search) that there is a method to power on the iPod at precisely the same time you plug in the cable (or something like that), and this will allow full functionally of the iPod.

Not sure if this helps, but it may allow the mini plug and the iPod dock connector to be connected simultaneously.