AVIC411.com

iPhone phonebook transfer.....

I recently got a D3 and an iPhone, I can connect it by bluetooth with the CD-BTB200 adapter. It will not let me upload the phonebook though, can someone please help.

Very good info on this site, I am gonna do the bypass today.

Anyone who is wondering the iPhone works just like the iPod through the interface cable!

Thanks,

Russell

Yeah thats why i didn't get one apparently doesn't work on the bluetooth in the car dunno why. Really stupid i'd say. apparently bmw is the first company to offer support for the iphone starting in september check out he article if you want. http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Ne ... eId=121515.

The phone does work over BT with the D3 and other units. It just doesnt allow phonebook transfer, yet. Their is a workaround that I discovered, you can find it here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8249

Third post down.

• 2 weeks later...

So. I was in amazement yesterday when i saw a 2007 Mercedes S550 with its fancy navigation bluetooth nonsense pull my contact info right from my iPhone. Just connected the iPhone over bluetooth put in the pass-code. On the mercedes you push "phone address book". It says reading device and 5 seconds later BOOM, its all there. Why cant any of the AVIC's do this please tell. The iPhone doesn't have OPP so how is this possible?

BMW's bluetooth solution does that too (in addition to handling multiple phone numbers for each contact). Pioneer was just lazy in their bluetooth coding, which is why it doesn't work.

I'm still waiting for an aftermarket company to release a full bluetooth integration that allows complete access to the phone's contact list, rather than relying on a separate list stored on the bluetooth device.