AVIC411.com

Please Help 3/4 install done PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

im installing my n2 that i just got bak form pioneer for the flex upgrade, i pulled it form my jeep grand cherokee and i got a galant now a 98, i hooked the yellow batt/mem wire into live RED, but everytime i turn the car off i loose all settings and the lock/unlock and a few other thigns dont werk when the car is off when they used to with it off, like when i turn the car off i usually use the lock thing on my door panel to locak all doors now it doesnt work unbless cars on so i know i have to find a CONSTANT to connect the 2 yellows to one from my deck and the other from ym car the cars clock resets too, anywyas if ANYBody WHO KNOWS WHAT TO DO i was going to make a slit in the power weire im running to the back to my amp and run a small wire to the yellows but i dont know if that will work, if i hit the wire as soon as it comes into the firewall or somthing easier let me know asap thanks for your time guys..im also diggin the stkrs i dont wanna draw any attn to my car this is my 3rd avic.

thanks

sean

seankk@msn.com

there should be a yellow wire on ur stock harness for the batt connection.... if u r using a aftermarket harness to connect ur avic u should be just matching up the colors (the harness usually is color coded like the aftermarket radios to make it easier)... i would not tap into the wire going to ur amp.... whenever ur amp needs alot of power like for peak points of music ur avic might suffer ( i have a problem when my bass hits... my lights usually dim even wit 2 caps but i think ill be needing a more powerful alternator)... also it might not work depending on the fuse u have on power line for ur amp if u have 1 ( u def should)... the reason y everything resets when u power ur car off is because that red wire is the accessory wire that turns everything on when the car is on..... when the car is off it turns off and so does u avic... ur avic needs a small amount of constant power to remember all ur settings (thats wut the batt wire is for usually yellow).. try to find the color codes for ur car but usually u just need to match up the colors on the harness... speed sense prob wnt be the same color but theres plenty of people here who have access to that info.... hope all goes well

i pulled a jenset out which had the new hookups harness to harness no hardwiring juck click and go we need them for avicvs anywyas i pulled the yellows together and noting then adding power to them the two one form the avic the other i thought was form the cars harness i was dark out i guess ill have to rip it apart again tomorrow i was looking for a plan b jik i cant find this damn wire...

tia

sean

im no hooking vss or anything like that, ohhh question where is the AUX input when u enable it in settings i know the video input on the brain but an aux...? i just used a 1male to 2 females RCA adapters on the 2 audio channels and ran one set to muy ps2 and the other to a cable that comes out as a headphone jack anywyas this was all working b4 the damn screen blacked out and i got a new car thing that kills me is that there was a aftermarket radio and it werked fine now it doesnt again anyother ideas welcome

i could have sworn i used the aux b4 maybe im bugging anywyas i needed fuses for my visors i hit them and grounded them out so needed to replace that fuse thats only for the visors tbhough, i know everything else is connected to this yellow wire i have comming from the car then i hav e the avic one all i need is a wire to tie the two of them to... believe me iv installed this deck in about 5 cars now so i thought i had it down but i messed up the ill. and now this the ill i dont care i can manually turn it on and off in the nav settings but the having to reload the navi and time and settings and bgs and evrythign everytuime i shutoff the car is killing me, so im gonna play with it tomorrow and u really think grabbing sum off the amp line wouold be bad i do have a fuse block and a 1.5 farad cap, all installed by myself so im not completely useless,thats what bothers me i had my visors in since day one for the ps2 now i had to reroute throught the brain, maybe ill get one of thoes aux adapters they should be cheap, tomorrow im gonna do the xm box the ipod wishin i had a n3 mainly for the sirius look like the xm on n2 ohwell....i just want to get in my car and not have to reset every everything bak to my ways.

thanks again man

iv gone to that galant forum but it wont let me regester...i dunno