AVIC411.com

D3 Nav is going crazy

Has anyone had problems with there nav going crazy on there unit? i started my car up the other night driving home and it said i was driving in the next town over in lake that middle of a lake? i have no idea wat happend so i reset the unit and it put me to new york so i had to put myself in chicago. ???? anyone else have this problem

...had mine for 5 days, and it's been doing the exact same thing.

I've noticed, when I go to the GPS signal strength screen, I get unpredictable results, even while sitting perfectly still in a parking lot.

I can go from full strength to no strength to anywhere in between in the span of 10 minutes of monitoring it. I could be wrong, but I think that has something to do with it.

I had a D1 in before, that worked fine. Now, the D3 is in, and is using the same GPS antenna.

Have you found a resolution yet? I put mine in on Monday, and headed out on a 6000 mile trip on Wednesday, thinking it was working fine.

Now, I find myself on the side of a mountain, in a lake, or in downtown LA while curiously, I've never veered from my course.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Bryan

hey every1 my name is rich, i am new to this forum....i have gotten some useful in fo tho...thanks a bunch for that. now i am also experiencing similar problems with mine....and i have only had it for about 2weeks. when i am driving...the screen freezes.....but the arrow moves when i turn, but i never leave that spot. the screen wont move with me. now this all started not to long after i hookd up the vss wire......should i unhook it? any suggestions would be appreciated....cause i am not feeling this at all.....if the navi isnt working then whats the point?

For the folks experiencing problems with the vehicle icon moving while stopped, I'd double check the VSS connection.

First, I would disconnect the VSS and see if the problem continues.

If the problem stops, then I'd clear the learning progress and double check the correct VSS is tapped.

Perhaps the installer connected the VSS to the tachometer signal instead of VSS. The tach would fool the Avic into thinking it's still moving while stopped.

I'd also verify you're getting at least 3 satellites of reception.

For the folks experiencing problems with the vehicle icon moving while stopped, I'd double check the VSS connection.

First, I would disconnect the VSS and see if the problem continues.

If the problem stops, then I'd clear the learning progress and double check the correct VSS is tapped.

Perhaps the installer connected the VSS to the tachometer signal instead of VSS. The tach would fool the Avic into thinking it's still moving while stopped.

I'd also verify you're getting at least 3 satellites of reception.

well i am positive about the vss connection. and i have at least 3 bars of connection.....and the car stands still when i do....so i know its not the tach signal....but i am gonna try disconnecting the vss wire to see if that may be the cuase. ill let you guys kno......thanks