AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 Steering Wheel Question

i have that same unit the pac-swip and I have to hold down the button i want for like a full second before it takes do you think it might be how it's installed

Excuse me Flow, have you encountered any other problems with pac-swip steering wheel controls?

that time delay is the biggest problem i'm having the other thing is when it is on the radio i click the track up button instead of it going to the next station it just goes to the next radio frequency i.e. p1 is 101.1 and p2 is 102.5 and if i hit the button i think it should go to p2 but instead it goes to 101.3 but i don't know if that's a problem with the pac or the d3 cause if you press the track button on the actually d3 it does the same thing. but yeah that delay super sucks

The delay is due to how it relays the signal. The factory radio would receive the signal directly from the steering wheel controls and react almost instantly. The interface takes a sample of the steering wheel controls wire. Meening that the interface looks for a change in the voltage on this wire. I'm not sure of the sampling rate, but it is less than a second. It then compairs this signal to the stored signals and outputs the proper command to the aftermarket radio.

The good thing about the PAC and the Per parts are that they are completly programable. You must program each button on the steering wheel for it's respective command. Here are the list of options: vol up, vol down, source, band, mute, seek up, seek down, preset up, preset down. You can program all of them if you have enough steering wheel buttons. If you have programmed the seek functions then tapping it will move the freq in .2 increments and pressed and held will move to the nearest station.

Also, one thing I have encountered is that the AVIC-D2(not the D3, Z1, or Z2) and the PESWIPS or SWIPS have an issue w/ the volume not working all the time. It's strange. You can program it and everything works fine, but then just out of the blue it will quit working. It's almost like it's loosing the programming. You can unplug/reprogram it and it will work fine. But just not for long.

Also in the Trailblazers and Envoys the steering wheel controls will change the source and channels on it own. It's cause of the vehicle not the unit. There is some sort of feedback from the truck and there is no fix.

Both companies know about these flaws, but don't like to admit it. It's better than not having the SWC's.

i just ordered a d3 for my 2003 tahoe z71 with bose but without onstar.

i ordered:

pac os2bose and cm1

pac swips

metra 992003 gm multi kit

antenna adapter

cdi200 ipod cable

and the d3 of course

I also have a 03 Tahoe. Does anybody know if you really need the metra 992003 gm multi kit?

• 2 weeks later...

i ordered:

pac os2bose and cm1

pac swips

antenna adapter

cdi200 ipod cable

and the d3 of course

is there anything else i need for the install?

I got an estimate for my 03 chevy tahoe LT w/ bose & onstar and they told me I needed the GMOS04 Class 2 Data Interface Harness. But you have the same year 'hoe but you ordered the os2bose interface harness. Which one do i need? and is it due to the fact that I have both bose & onstar?

Thanks

i ordered:

pac os2bose and cm1

pac swips

antenna adapter

cdi200 ipod cable

and the d3 of course

is there anything else i need for the install?

I got an estimate for my 03 chevy tahoe LT w/ bose & onstar and they told me I needed the GMOS04 Class 2 Data Interface Harness. But you have the same year 'hoe but you ordered the os2bose interface harness. Which one do i need? and is it due to the fact that I have both bose & onstar?

Thanks

Both interfaces do the same thing. They're just made by different companies.