AVIC411.com

Buy a D3 or a Z1?

I would say get a D3 with an Ipod... that way you can keep the NAV DVD in the drive and not worry about it... that's what I got and will never look back. I have a video ipod (60 GB) and don't even have it half full and it contains every CD I own along with many music videos and ripped Howard Stern On Demand shows to watch while I'm on the road (kicks ass!!!).

I guess it would matter which features you're looking for too... if it's something the D3 can't do then it's a no brainer, but I vote for the D3.

misfit

you said get the D3 and then said you sold your Z1 for a D3 and regretted it. Was that a typo? I had a guy I was gonna pick up a Z1 for 700 but he sold it to someone else. For the money I think I'm gonna get the D3.

oops, must have been snoozing on that one. yes it was a typo. i liked my z1 much better than the d3. for $700 i would take it in a minute

I've used the D3 and the way the UI works, the smoothness, etc. is not nearly as nice as the Z1. Really it is TBD if they made any good fixes to the Z1/Z2 with this soon to be released update. If there are good stuff there then another +1 to the Z1/Z2. IMHO, the D3 has 3 things going for it: price, colors change to match interior, better ipod control (i am an XM guy usually anyhow).