AVIC411.com

Looking for the VSS and Rev wire

If possible any pictures (if the wires arent behind the stock radio)

Thanks!

Edit: also ive heard of a "frog wire" behind the dash (green with silver stripe) that needs to be tapped for some reason... can someone speak to that and/or clarify what needs to be done there?

ill paraphrase from a hyundai site:

"The Antenna Remote wire is different. I've never seen an adapter that includes it, and if you leave it off you'll have no AM and poor FM reception. The easiest way to fix this is to splice your Antenna Remote to the factory Frog Wire (it's green with silver stripes.)"

so from what im assuming, the harness i solder my AVIC wires too doesnt have the correct matching PIN for the power antenna wire and as such they want me to tap that wire into the correct wire on the factory harness?

seems to me it might just be easier to relocate a PIN on the harness adapter to make it mate up vs. tapping into the factory wiring

again im just assuming that that is what this "frog wire" nonsense is

I agree with everything you said. If there any unused wires on the harness you bought, and the "Frog Wire" is in the radio harness, I would just move the unused wire to the corresponding location on your harness. That would definitely be better than tapping into it somewhere else.

well i got it all sorted out!

maybe one of the power installers here can answer this question...

how and where do i hookup a PAC-SWIX for this car and to the AVIC itself?

I've been looking all over and simply cannot find anything about hookup in the Sonata or to the deck itself

thanks!

First of all the swix SUCKS. It doesn't connect to the avic. IT's ir. which means in order to program it to the avic you're going to need a pioneer remote. You should get the swips. Now once you have that, here's the instructions to connect it to the car.

http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogrammin ... les&ID=404

And it plugs into the wired remote input on the rca harness.

the white wire on the SWIPS plugs into which wire on the RCA harness?

as far as i can recall the only wires on the RCA after u bypass the unit are amp remote, reverse and vss

can u please confirm which wire (color) on the RCA harness the SWIPS connects to... thanks cntrylvr79

heres the SWIPS

l127SWiPS-f_dg.jpeg

so the white wire hooks into the harness adapter per the websites instructions... and the headphone jack goes where? dare i say the front of the head unit b/c thats the only place i remember seeing a headphone type jack on the unit

as for attaching the swips to the car.. the notes on the PAC site say to skip the entire table of instructions and theres no other mention of hooking into the steering wheel wires

So if im understanding you and the website correctly:

# Connect the INTERFACE's White wire to Pin 18, Brown wire of the above connector

# Pin 19, Green wire needs to be grounded.

# Jump to section 4 (skip all steps (1-23) in the table)

if so, that still doesnt tell me where i hookup the headphone jack or how the unit hooks up to the factory steering wheel wiring

i ask u keep in mind ive never installed one of these before and while i installed the AVIC myself I cannot claim i know 100% what the heck is going on all the time... i dont wanna bug or frustrate you but a little more clarification would be GREATLY appreciated :)

So if im understanding you and the website correctly:

# Connect the INTERFACE's White wire to Pin 18, Brown wire of the above connector

# Pin 19, Green wire needs to be grounded.

# Jump to section 4 (skip all steps (1-23) in the table)

if so, that still doesnt tell me where i hookup the headphone jack or how the unit hooks up to the factory steering wheel wiring

i ask u keep in mind ive never installed one of these before and while i installed the AVIC myself I cannot claim i know 100% what the heck is going on all the time... i dont wanna bug or frustrate you but a little more clarification would be GREATLY appreciated :)

The bold part is where you connect the swips to the vehicle's steering wheel controls. Just do what the instructions say. The headphone jack from the swips plugs into the "Wired Remote Input" on the avic. I don't know how else to say it.