AVIC411.com

D3/BTB-200 and LG VX8700

Has anyone had any luck using the LG VX8700 on the BTB-200? I think this is a fairly new phone so I may have burned myself by being an earlier adopter. I picked this phone because unlike most of the Verizon phones it appears to have full bluetooth capability and I thought it would have the best chance of working.

The problem I"m having is this: The phone will pair up and appears to work for Bluetooth audio (although I don't have much use for this), but for Bluetooth phone I get an invalid device message and the phone will not connect or show up on the registration page.

However, my wife's phone (an older Verizon phone, I think Motorola)works perfectly.

Also, who do you think I should contact first, Verizon or Pioneer? Although, to be honest I'm not optimistic about either one doing anything to help me.

I emailed Pioneer customer support and got this response:

"Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Please try it again, this time turn cell phone completely off, turn it back on

and put it in discovery mode."

As I suspected, this didn't work.

Just got an Lg vx8600 last night from Verizon. I tried for an hour and a half last night to pair it with my D3, no luck. This morning I tried again and in less then three minutes I was paired and registered. I did nothing different last night or this morning, but it works and I'm happy. The search button on the D3 got me connected.