AVIC411.com

Possition of the GPS antenna

Doesn't matter which way the antenna is pointing, as long as it has a claer view of the sky. Metal and some paints will hinder the antenna's ability to 'see' the satellites, but straight up plastic is fine. Make sure you have a decent-sized piece of metal under the antenna to act as a reflector. 2" by 2" is fine. The AVIC is packaged with a self-adhesive piece of thin metal that is more than adequate.

Did you bother reading the manual at all? I see like 10 threads on the 1st page alone with your simple questions.

Yes I have

To me, it made a big difference when i put it outside on top of my roof...

before that i had it sitting in the middle of my dash.

Did you bother reading the manual at all? I see like 10 threads on the 1st page alone with your simple questions.

Yes I have

To me, it made a big difference when i put it outside on top of my roof...

before that i had it sitting in the middle of my dash.

yeah thats where mine is at

Is your dash made of plastic, like every other vehicle made since 1979? If not, then, of course the antenna will function better on your roof. But, if you locate the antenna inside, and place it on a small metal plate or support under the dash, it will work just fine, as long as you do not have metallic tint on your windshield. Unless you stick it to a support bracket that points it towards the brake pedal, or something like that. I've had great results placing the antenna below the plastic dash on most vehicles, and if I don't have something metal to attach it to, the little plate that comes with the AVIC stuck to the top of an A/C duct works fine. Just point it up.