AVIC411.com

I really don't care anymore...

I'm totally over dealing with the crappy ass installs that a lot of big boxes put out anymore. So whatever, you guys want to go to one of them to have your install done? Do yourself a favor, ask to see their cars, and pictures of work they've done. If anything seems out of place or not quite right, run don't walk out of there... In the end it's your choice in the matter.

It all depends on the installer! Some installers at my store can put a deck in a civic in like 20 minutes when it takes the rest of us 30, but its the same guys that run and hide when they see a navi system want to be installed. Just talk with the installer first, and if he doesn't seem excited to put it in don't let him.

I usually tell people its going to take 3-4 hours in the quote and we charge $250 for a navi install. Sure it might only take 30 minutes in one car, but you never know exactly where the reverse and vss wires are going to actually be at. Its a hit or miss. Don't worry orangeelement, they probably just took their time because they didn't want to mess anything up, as long as it all works like its supposed to you should be fine.