AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3, No Subwoofer out when a CD or DVD is in use.

I just installed this unit and love it, but have a problem, I :cry: noticed that there is no Subwoofer out with a CD or DVD in the drive. It outputs fine with FM and AM to the Subwoofer.

Any thoughts?

Would the Hack have anything to do with this?

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!

Attilla

Sounds like you have the ant remote(blue) connected instead amp remote(blue/white). You can work around this by going into system settings and changing the ant control from tuner to power.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

I installed stereos for a living back in 1989 and 1990, they all had just one blue wire back then, man has the technology improved, this is my first real premium aftermarket stereo since 93

I actually figured out the problem last night, I watched the light on the amp turn off as I switched from radio to DVD, that was it. I then reread the install manual, wasn't sure what they meant by "remote" wire on initial install, just used to using antenae power for the amps I guess, anyway I then looked at the diagram with the amplifier on it. Nice!!!

Thanks again for your help!!!!!

Nice forum, I'm gonna hang around a little...... :D

Attilla