AVIC411.com

VSS and ILLUMINATION on an 06 Trailblazer SS for Z1

I have searched, and everywhere I read says the green/white wire on the black plug behind the radio for the VSS but mine isnt getting a signal there at all. As for the illumination, I havent read about a good place to hit the parking lights so the radio isnt always in nightmode. No wires on the lightswitch panel go 12v with the switch and the illum wires on the harness have no wire on the factory harness side.

I guess you didnt read my post correctly. I figured the dimmer out on my own. Its the brown with white stripe on the back of the headlamp switch. I wasnt covering and uncovering the "eye" on the dash so it wouldnt cut off and on correctly. The radio does nor dim with just the DRLs on but it will dim at night or with the switch being turned on. Now I just need to know where to hit the VSS.

dark green with white stripe behind speedo/tach cluster is vss. should be held in with 4 7mm bolts when you have the radio bezel out.

the parking lights is a brown wire in the harness running under the dash, under the steering column. it will be about a 16 guage wire, and will come on with park lights or auto lights. use a multimeter to make sure it is the right wire.