AVIC411.com

In-line fuse size for the Terk xm direct adapter??

Does anyone know the fuse size for the yellow power wire on the Terk XM direct adapter dp10110? 2 days ago my XM quit working on my Z1. Settings screen says it's 'not connected'. It was working when I parked my vehicle the night before, but when I got in the next morning the Z1 was off (which I never do) and the XM no longer worked. I finally took the dash off tonight and noticed the yellow cable coming from the adapter wasn't connected to anything. I found the cable it connects to, but no fuse could be found. I didn't do the install, and I don't have any paperwork that came with the units. I have the number for Pioneer and Terk, and I'll call them in the morning, but thought I'd check on here first.

If I do get the answer, I'll post it on here.

thanx in advance!!!

Ok,I called Terk at 0900 this morning and they said to install a '5 amp' fuse before I even told him what model I had? So I picked up both a 2 amp and a 5 amp fuse, figured I'd try the 2amp first and if that blew, I'd try the 5 amp. Well, the more I thought about it, I decided to call Terk back and ask them again (hoping I'd get a different person). Well, I got a different person, and I also got a different answer. This time they said 7.5 amp fuse?? I'm assuming he was confused and thought I was talking about atm fuses because they don't even make 7.5 agc fuses that I'm aware of.

I hooked up an amp meter to the in-line fuse connector and measured .25 amps when I turned the Z1 on, so figured a 2amp fuse would do it. I also measured 12volts coming from the Z1 to power the xm adapter. Well, I installed the 2 amp and the Z1 still can't see the xm adapter? Haven't tried the 5 amp yet, but that is next.

Does anyone know of another way to test the Terk XM direct adapter to see if it's working or not???

installthis06 and cntrylvr79, thanks for responding!!! IT'S WORKING!!! When I started up my truck after submitting my last post, XM was working fine. I've turned my truck off and on 5 times since then with no problems.

installthis06: I measured 12v before the fuse, but that is where the problem was. The in-line fuse holder came apart and the fuse fell out. I installed a 2amp fuse, and E-taped the fuse holder together for a temp fix. I'll get another in-line fuse holder this weekend and put everything together properly.

I also got an e-mail from Terk saying that I should use a 7.5 fuse. Do they even make a 7.5 agc fuse?? Think they are talking about atm fuses.

thanks again for responding!!!