AVIC411.com

Just installed my D3 and the GPS can't find my location....

Hello all, new here. I used to have a POS Avic-N1 which was plagued by the ribbon cable issue - got it fixed, sold it and now i'm onto much nicer things, the D3!

Anyway, I'm very familiar with this navigation since it's virtually identical to the N1. I just installed this unit today and I already have issues...

...When I fired her up and loaded the East coast DVD, it displayed the map in some generic location in New York City. Started driving around the the map wasn't moving, just stayed right there.

So I modified my position by pinpointing my location and setting it. Drove around some more and it still doesn't move an inch...won't follow me or anything. Needless to say, this is pretty dissapointing!

Yes, I have a GPS signal (quite good if I may add) and my speed pulse works like a charm. I've already driven an hour and it has not moved at all. Is there something i'm doing wrong here...is there a button to start it that wasn't on the N1? Any help would be appreciated!

it sounds like your antenna isnt plugged in all the way. but if that were the case, you wouldnt be getting any sat sgnal bars in connection status

...Like I said "Yes, I have a GPS signal (quite good if I may add) and my speed pulse works like a charm"

I have almost full bars for GPS - in fact the first thing I did when the map wasn't following my location was pull over, yank the Avic, and check the GPS plug and sure enough it's plugged in. The fact that i'm getting almost full bars leads me to believe it's no an antenna signal issue.

This is really damn annoying...I didn't spend $700 to look at a lifeless map.

it sounds like your antenna isnt plugged in all the way. but if that were the case, you wouldnt be getting any sat sgnal bars in connection status

...Like I said "Yes, I have a GPS signal (quite good if I may add) and my speed pulse works like a charm"

I have almost full bars for GPS - in fact the first thing I did when the map wasn't following my location was pull over, yank the Avic, and check the GPS plug and sure enough it's plugged in. The fact that i'm getting almost full bars leads me to believe it's no an antenna signal issue.

This is really damn annoying...I didn't spend $700 to look at a lifeless map.

ok ass