AVIC411.com

I have a question about theft/security

Ok I am new here and I have a question about securing an Avic-Z1.

I will be getting it soon hopefully and I have seen two ideas on this website and wondering if they would work. I want to do both so as to be extra secure. I will be getting this all installed professionally.

My first idea is securing the Avic-Z1 with a chain to my car. Like on the inside with I guess bolts. Would this work?

My second idea I also got from here and a little twist of my own. My dad has a Lexus SC430. If you guys have ever seen the nav system on this car, it has a cover that opens and closes with buttons. Like this [url=http://lexus.com/assets/models/gallery/photos/main_assets/interior/C43-064.jpg]http://lexus.com/assets/models/gallery/ ... 43-064.jpg[/url]

It is in between the fans on the right of the steering wheel. My idea is to have my installer make one of those with buttons but also have a key lock. Like so I can lock it with a key when I leave my car and unlock it when I get back in. So even if you push the button it wont work because it is locked. Like the key locks it and also disables the open/close buttons so it won't jam or anything. Would this work?

If these ideas don't work what would? Because when I am gone from my car or I valet my car, I don't want anybody to see that I have this so it won't get stolen. And if they do know I have it and try to steal it, the chain will hopefully prevent it.

So what other ideas do you guys have? THANKS GUYS, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

EDIT: I FORGOT TO ADD THAT THIS WILL ALL GO ON A 2000 OR 2001 FORD EXPLORER SPORT. I AM GETTING THE CAR VERY SOON AND IT WAS MY SISTERS BUT I FORGOT THE YEAR.
well anything is possible if your installers are talented enough. You could have the avic spinning in circles and spitting quarters if you really wanted. but to answer your question the faceplate cover is probobly not hard just tedious. the chain.. i dunno but you could have your installer fab a metal fram inside your dash to attach the unit to.. this would require someone to rip your dash out to get the unit. this would probobly mean you woudl need to replace alot more than a raio if someone wanted it badly enough.

but they can both happen.
Well, I'm on a mission to rig two old Acura/Honda OEM stereo face plates together and just place it over the Avic when I'm parked somewhere. So far, it's going great. I just need to sand them thin and glue the them together. BTW, I'm using a face plate from my old Integra and Civic. I'll post pics once I have it done!!