AVIC411.com

Crutchfield says D3 will not fit.... Are they correct?

I own a 2006 Hyundai Tucson with the std. radio (no amp) and I am sure the opening is for a 2 din radio. So why is Crapfield saying NO GO???? Are there other issues besides opening size that come into play for the D3 to operate correctly in the Tucson? Is this 2 din in opening any different than any other 2 din hole?? I've had the dash apart in this vehicle so I now there is room behind there for the D3... Has anyone installed one in a Tucson? The radio opening is in the perfect position on the dash for the non-tilting D3, and I want one. So is Crutchfield right?

There are a number of vehicles that get missed by the aftermarket as cars/trucks/vans that can take a double din. For example the Toyota Sienna. They only sell a bezel kit that accepts a single din with a little tray. Well the Sienna accepts a double din no-problem. We got toyota's bezel part for thier factory nav unit and a few brackets and it works.

Sometimes you have to just take the car to an installer and have him check it out or find a forum for your own vehicle.

I had issues with Crutchfield because they did not have a wiring harness or kit for my car. When I asked them to price match another site online they said that instead of that they go the extra mile and give you free installation gear. After I explained that they dont show my vehicle they apologized. I asked them to at least discount the D3 for the amount of the harness and kit since they couldnt give it to me free and they said no. Needless to say they lost out on over 3K of business.

Thanks Batman...... I was sure the dbl DIN in the Tucson was the same size as any other hole. If the factory brackets do not work, then my machinist at work will fabricate a set for me. I think someone DOES offer a harness for my car so I should be alright. Now I just have to find a D3 at a great price.

Crutchfield also told me that the D3 would not fit in my '01 Monte Carlo, reason being that it was 2/10 of an inch longer than my car would accept. I had to dremmel the dash interior a little bit, but it fits perfectly. Screw Crutchfield! :twisted:

Crutchfield told me an avic Z1 would not fit in a Mercury Mariner. However....it does fit...had to buy a universal mount and do some cutting on the inside of the dash panel, but it does fit. What Crutchfield means is if it will be an "Easy installation fit", with no modifications needed.