AVIC411.com

Easy bypass! No circuitry work! Works everytime!

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISHAPS, DAMAGE, OR HARM DONE TO YOU OR YOUR POSESSIONS BASED ON THESE INSTRUCTIONS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

This may have been posted here already... I don't know. And if it has I'm sorry.

I came here several months ago and found out about the light switch bypass where you turn your lights on and off several times on startup to bypass the unit. It became tiresome for me and I was searching for a solution that didn't require all this circuitry mess and this is what I came up with.

This may not be an option for everyone but I thought I'd put it out there.

I have an aftermarket remote start on my vehicle. There is an option of my remote start to either have my parking lights on solid when it's activated or to have them pulse. I simply set the remote start to the pulse option and every time I start my truck with the remote start it bypasses my Z1 every time, perfectly, and without fail. The bypass has never failed! Even on an 8 hour road trip! It bypasses everything! Bluetooth, DVD in motion.... EVERYTHING! So now all I do when I walk up to my vehicle is press the unlock button on my remote and then the remote start button on my remote and PRESTO!!!!

Now I know this may not be for everyone but I figure that if you were willing to spend the dough on the Z1... why not a couple of hundred more for a remote start! Hope this is good news (and not repeated news) for some of you!

Enjoy! :D

(FYI: My e-brake is bypassed and my illumination wire is connected)
[quote name="03Vic-HPP"]I'd rather spend $25 for Ducattiboys circuit than a couple hundred on a remote start lol[/quote]I think his point is that if you already have or intend on getting a remote start that you wont need Ducattiboys circuit.
However this is not true with all cars or maybe it depends on how the alarm installer hooks up the remote start, because my remote start flashes the lights but my interior illumination will not work unless the key is in the ignition.
[quote name="tjdehya"] [quote name="03Vic-HPP"]I'd rather spend $25 for Ducattiboys circuit than a couple hundred on a remote start lol[/quote]I think his point is that if you already have or intend on getting a remote start that you wont need Ducattiboys circuit.
However this is not true with all cars or maybe it depends on how the alarm installer hooks up the remote start, because my remote start flashes the lights but my interior illumination will not work unless the key is in the ignition.[/quote]

The remote start has to be hooked up to the illumination in your car. When the lights flash with the remote start it's just like turning the switch on and off in your car. It flashes the parking lights and the interior (dash) lights. I just assumed that this is how all of the alarms that that have this pulse feature are supposed to be installed.
Thx for the contribution this was how the original idea to flash the ILL circuit was discovered I read somewhere. I think this would have worked with my old remote start system 5 years ago. It flashed the lights too. Many newer cars with the chips in the keys or the wireless security remotes cannot utilize remote starters without compromising the cars security system.

My old Acura TL was this way. To install a remote starter some people took the valet key, cut off the actual key (leaving the chip in the plastic part) and sticking it behind the dash so the sensor would "see" the key as present.

In my Corvette you can't even do that. The remote in my pocket activates everything just by sitting in the car. Leave a remote the car is always on - dead battery or stolen car.

Each car will be different but for some it's a natural fix. I bet somebody out there has this working just like this and has no idea he's running a bypass. He either has no clue or thinks he got a "special" z1 that just works. LOL. I hope this guy finds this post someday..... :lol:
Yes it was discovered this way, and yes most remote starts can flash the parking lights which in turn would flash the illum. wire, however this won't work in many scenarios.

What if your car has autolights and you remote start at night? It won't matter if the remote start is pulsing the wire, it won't bypass. As others have mentioned it won't bypass in vehicles that seperate the illum wire from the parking lights wire.

I don't mean to rain on your parade by any means, we all apreciate new input and this could be the answer for many with after market remote starts, however I just want to make clear this won't work on all remote start cars.